Sunday, May 26, 2013

Three For The Boys

 I have purposefully been working on some male focused quilts as it's often hard to get enough for the boys or men. I don't think they would be too turned off by a more feminine quilt as long as it's not shocking pink. However I have been sorting through my scraps for those which are more suitable for boys. The first quilt was a top I'd started using the Disappearing Nine Patch pattern. I ran out of car fabric so I substituted two squares in black to make the top. It's been languishing in the pile of UFOs until today when i found some red and more check fabric to make suitable borders to make it large enough. I'm happy with it now and I've also finished quilting the String X top and put another QAYG quilt together.
 I was going to work on my Square in a square blocks for my Mrs Williams quilt but just can't stop piecing more scraps together for another String X top. It's a great way to use up those short and thin scraps that have been sitting here for far too long.
  It's lovely to have time to get some of my UFOs finished and ready to donate. I only have two more quilts to finish and I will have enough for the kid's camp so I plan to have them done by the end of the week.
 I hope you are all enjoying some stitching time too.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

amandajg said...

oh my goodness, I have just done a disappearing nine patch with the same cars ,a red square for the centre and a red border!

Jan Mac said...

Thanks for your comment Amanda. I ran out of the feature fabric so had to use two black pieces for the top. I hope you;re pleased with your quilt too.
Hugs, Jan