Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

 I hope you have all had a lovely Mother's Day with some time for yourself as well as seeing family. My children couldn't come home this weekend so we celebrated last weekend instead. Today I have been busy making half square triangles for two different projects. The first lot were in 1930s reproduction fabrics and measure 2.5" square. I think I have almost made enough so I decided to continue on with making them in civil war reproduction fabrics as I need 128 of those in the same size.
 Now that I've sorted my repro fabric into colour-ways it was an easy way to pull 13 light and 13 dark fabrics from my fabric collection. I prefer to cut them a little larger and then square them up when they are stitched together.It may take a little longer but this way I know they are accurately pieced. I have almost made all of the 128 needed so I hope to finish those tomorrow.
  I'm working backwards on this quilt as it was made in sections and I have been making the different sections before I put them together. I need to get all the parts together and see how many more sections are needed. Check back soon and I should have more progress to show you.
  It's not easy to change my way of working to working on my projects but I have also been hand-piecing stars for a donation quilt as well as de-constructing more house blocks. I think I had planned to make them into a vest many, many years ago. I hope to have enough blocks to make a quilt from then and will probably donate it when it's done.
   I have been asked to keep the Oz Comfort Quilts blog site still active so I will keep it and post photos of donation finishes as they happen. Thank you for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac



1 comment:

jacaranda said...

Happy Mothers Day to you Jan, hope your family celebrated what a wonderful Mum you are to them.