Friday, October 12, 2012

Preparation Counts

 I find that I do get a lot of quilts finished if I take advantage of every bit of spare time I have to prepare the things I'm working on. I have almost finished another QAYG quilt from beautiful donated blocks while I was waiting for a meal to cook tonight.
 I also prepare my hand piecing to take with me when I'm traveling and have finished half the blocks required for my Joseph's Coat quilt in the past 3 weeks. I'm really enjoying the hand piecing and had intended to do more applique but the piecing has taken my interest for now. I cut strips of fabric in the width I need which makes it very easy to draw around the template and cut more pieces out ready to sew.
 I have also decided to make a border of half square triangles for this quilt so I have started making some with leftovers from the block pieces. I'm really liking the way this one is looking and it's a great way to use that stash of 1930s fabrics that I'd been collecting.
 I'm off to my applqiue group tomorrow so I have plenty of block pieces prepared to stitch so I will have more to show very soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac



2 comments:

Maria said...

all those projects are looking good, Jan!

kaiteM said...

hi Jan, just catching up here while i scoff breakfast. Good to see you still filling every spare moment. hugs to you, kaite