Sunday, September 9, 2012

Second Baby Ready to Deliver

 I know that the rest of the week will be spent in recovery mode while I readjust to daylight again so I really wanted to get both baby quilts finished and ready to deliver on Friday.I had started a quilt in pastel pink and lemon and then found out that the parents love bright colours and the new Mum loves blue, even for girls. The animal fabric in alternate blocks matches the curtains that she's made and as I only had half a metre that governed the pattern/design. Now that it's done I can see that her name would have shown up better if I'd placed the bright yellow block where the "E" is situated and I have 2 elephant's faces which could have been separated, but I think finished is better than perfect so I'm happy with it. I used a bright farm-yard print on the back and hopefully the new parents will like it- I know the baby will enjoy the bright prints.
 I also finished off another QAYG quilt and pieced a top together using string pieced blocks which were donated without batting.
I'm off to bed now and try to sleep before I start work.
Hugs, Jan Mac


No comments: