Sunday, September 2, 2012

Don't Look Now!

I should be sleeping after more night shifts but have been browsing through more applique patterns for inspiration. Actually I don't need inspiration but I just LOVE appliqued quilts and Baltimore Album quilts in particular. I also love the papercut blocks designed by Elly Sienkiewicz and I know I was thinking of making a quilt with some of these blocks but using bright batik fabrics. I was cleaning up my sewing room (again!) and found this block which I can't remember starting (oh dear!). It was only half finished so I finished the stitching and am tempted to make more.
Don't look now but I think I may have started another project! I must have been tired when I stitched one side of this block as one of the smaller hearts is closer to one of the larger hearts than it should be. I'm not sure whether or not I'll repair it or leave it so I'll decide when I have more blocks to compare. In the meantime I've been finishing off another crocheted blanket as well as prepping lots of applique blocks for my Civil War Bride quilt and the borders of my Baltimore Album quilt.
 I'd better get back to sleep now and try not to dream about more projects!
Hugs and Happy Father's Day., Jan Mac

No comments: