Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First of Five

There's been a lot of baby deliveries in the family lately and I like to make a baby quilt for a gift for the newborn. I can't finish the quilt until the baby has been named as I like to make them individual by adding the baby's name on the front of the quilt.
  This one is for a friend of youngest DD's and she part-made a quilt for a boy and one for a girl, when she was last home. Once we knew the name and gender of the baby I just had to do the finishing touches of stitching the name, adding it to the blocks, adding borders, then quilting and binding, so not much at all really.! LOL I managed to stay awake long enough to finish this one off yesterday and now I have 4 more to make.
  Two of the babies have already arrived so I need to get them finished ASAP and the next 2 are due in January. I think I may make a few extra so I'm ahead for the next lot of deliveries. It seems like there's going to be lots more babies on their way as many of my nieces and nephews are at the age of starting their families. Of course there may be grand-babies of my own to sew for sometime too so I can see more baby quilts ahead of me for some time to come. Luckily they are fun and quick to make. Last evening I spent some time on some needle-turn applique on a new project for me and I'll show you the finish very soon.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

I am amazed that you have time to make all these quilts in addition to finishing off/making up quilts for the needy! AND you go to work. As well as looking after your immediate family..A womans work is never done!