Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Featured Blogger- Giraffe Dreams

I've chosen Carol E. from Minneapolis, USA. Carol and I first met online when we were members of the online quilting group, Sunshine. The group continues on to this day and I made some lovely friends through my membership, including BJ who was the founder of the group, and also Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.
Carol's father had just passed away and she challenged us to make and donate quilts in his honour. This was ten years ago and we are still donating to many groups, in our local communities and overseas. We've sent quilts all over the world, including some which were auctioned off at the Armenian Embassy in Paris (I think that's right) and we raised money to pay for heating for 3 orphanages.
Carol is a lovely lady and a very generous quilter, with very similar ideas to mine. She also believes that we serve God and our community by using our quilting gifts and talents.
I've added her photo with her latest quilt which she calls a Lego Quilt and it is such a masterpiece and made from 1 1/2" strips so I hope this is one which she will keep for her family.
So please check out Carol's blog, Giraffe Dreams, check out her lovely quilts and tell her I said Hi! She also loves to read and shares her latest book on Fridays which I think I may adopt too as it's a great way to find out about new authors to try and share with each other.
Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a favourite blog to share? If so I'd love to hear about it to expand my blogging world some more. You can also ask for your own blog to be featured if you would like to encourage more people to stop by your blog.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

kaiteM said...

hi Jan, the leggo quilt is a masterpiece all right, a good choice.

kaiteM said...

Jan would you mind putting in a link to my post on the littlest angel pods, i've put together the instructions for a knitted wrap for the little ones who are born asleep. It's at http://kaiteyarngarden.blogspot.com/2011/12/littlest-angel-pod.html
a happy holiday to you.

Carol E. said...

What a lovely tribute! Thank you, Jan!!! (Yes, I am keeping my Legos quilt.)