Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm Home

We are glad to be home again after our 4 WD trip. We started at the Border Track over on the Sth Australian and Victorian borders, and then traveled to Wentworth in NSW.
From there we did the "Darling River Run" which follows the Darling River from Wentworth where it joins the Murray River, up to Walgatt in NSW. We saw lots of emus and their chicks and traveled on many dusty and corrugated roads.
We had planned to be away for another week but the friend who was traveling with us blew up his engine just out of Walgatt so we had to tow him 140 kms (100 miles) back to civilization. It was a big ask as we also were towing our camper trailer and we had to tow his car and camper as well. Luckily we made it to Coonamble safely. From there we arranged for his car and camper to be taken to Dubbo and we brought him home with us.
I arrived home to find a lovely gift from Kaite M. who sent me a lovely broach made from a textile house. The fabric for the house looks like there are flowers twining across the house and it looks very cute.
Thank you so much Kaite- I will treasure it.
I also received two more lovely tops from Mary-anne R. (Vic) and they will be finished and donated soon. I missed an update on my cross stitch and Star progress so I hope to show a finish on the cross stitch piece next Tuesday. I took a break from stitching while we were away and it was too hot to do much knitting or crocheting so I'm back into the swing of it again now.
It's good to be home!
Hugs, Jan Mac


kaiteM said...

Wow that was a huge trip, lots of great sights but an extraordinary ending, glad it all ended ok.
Fabulous pics & glad you liked the little house brooch...k.

Lynne said...

Welcome home - I'm glad everyone got home safely even of the car didn't make it!

Gina E. said...

I wondered where you'd been! Glad to hear you had such a nice break, great photos.
I was busy making Xmas stockings...until my sewing machine died - waaah! Is there a deadline for those? I only got five done before the machine packed up. Hope to get it back later this week, and as soon as I do, I'll keep on making the stockings if it isn't too late.

Merilyn said...

Glad you all got back safely!! Wonderful photos, reminds me of when I lived in Broken Hill, I know the surrounding districts reasonably well, they brought back some great memories!!!