I finished off a UFO from April 2009 and used up 9 yds for this quilt. I also put another QAYG quilt together which used 11 yds and 2 pillowcases which was another 2 yards. So far this month I've used up 31.6 yds of stash which is a good start. It's an approximation as I weigh the items to calculate the yardage used as most of my quilts are made from scraps and it's not easy to keep track of what I've used. The UFO was a signature swap from my Aussie online group, Southern Cross Quilters, and the blocks were swapped at our Adelaide Retreat in April 2009. I have another retreat with them in May this year so I thought I'd better get last year's quilt finsihed first.
The previous retreat was in Perth 2008 and I finished that quilt a few days after I returned home but quilts for the bush fire appeal in 2009 have taken precedence for last year's quilting. I seem to do better with finishing off my own UFOs at the start of the year so I need to get anoither one done before I get more requests for donation quilts. The quilt was made no larger than 48" wide as I have a quilt hanger which takes that size. I usually have darker fabric foir borders as I like how it "frames" a quilt but this time I used a lighter batik as I wanted this one to have a summer feel to it. There were only 73 blocks so I made an extra 4 and scattered them throughout the quilt.
Today,I also made 2 pillowcases, one from poly cotton from the "magic" cupboard, and the other from the sea shell dress fabric, so that's another 2 yds used. If I keep this up I may get 100 yds used for January.
Check back and see how I'm progressing...
Hugs Jan Mac